Every year Southampton hosts a halloween costume parade. I love it because watching all the children as they march the streets in pride -with each of their costumes just as unique as they are- well, it’s simply an amazing and heartwarming experience! These children have been thinking for some time about who/what they wanted to be, and the reveal of their looks at Sunday’s parade was absolutely beautiful.
Homemade Raggedy Ann Marches in Southampton Halloween Costume Parade
This Little Boy Goes as Bruno Mars in the Southampton Costume Parade, 2016
Some are home made costumes and others are store-bought, but what makes them particularly special are the children in them. Pure in spirit, whimsical by nature, and energetic at heart, they don their costumes and fully become the characters they’ve set out to portray. Take a look below at the mummies, dinosaurs, witches and superheroes that stopped by to have their photo taken at the Lucille Khornak Gallery in Southampton this weekend.
This Adorably Mummified Baby Stopped by the Lucille Khornak Gallery in Southampton, NY for a Photo!
Sister Witches Have us Spellbound this Weekend at the Lucille Khornak Gallery in Southampton, NY
This Young Girl was a Widow for Halloween at the Lucille Khornak Gallery in Southampton, NY
This Young Boy Brings Back the Dinosaur in this Adorable Costume at the Lucille Khornak Gallery in Southampton, NY
KAPOW! This Supergirl is TOO CUTE this weekend at the Lucille Khornak Gallery for the Costume Parade in Southampton, NY
This Pretty Little Girl Owns the Autumn Season in Westchester
Whether you are planning to have your family photographed for the first time or the fifth, there are always a host of things to keep in mind to guarantee your experience is as perfect as possible. My team and I have listed a few key things that we find to be essential anytime you are preparing for your next session.
- Pick the Right Clothes
- Have everyone dress in coordinating colors, and in comfortable and timeless clothing.
- If this isn’t your first time, be sure to pick different outfits than the ones you wore in previous sessions.
Sisters Embrace in Westchester Autumn
- Location, Location, Location
- You’ve heard it said before, but most people don’t actually realize just how important location is when planning a shoot. Don’t believe us? Take a look at these examples of poorly planned shots.
- On a more serious note, choose a location that is both beautiful and significant, for example, consider your home. As significant as your home is in real life, imagine how meaningful it will remain as the backdrop of family photos, captured to last for generations. Another great example would be the stables or the farm, as fall in the Hamptons can be really exciting for photographs. I particularly love the scenery right now in Easthampton, Southampton, and Bridgehampton.
- Be Yourself
- A lot of photographers are known for their ability to position their subjects. Having been a model myself, I can quickly tell the difference between a photograph that is posed, versus one that is natural, and 10 times out of 10 I will connect with the one that feels natural.
- In order to capture your best self, you must feel free to be yourself. Let your light shine, and let’s have fun with the whole family!
In my sessions, I always capture the raw energy, the soul, and the whimsy of each client involved. Keep these tips in mind, remember to have fun, you’ll be glad you did.
Westchester Leaves Bury These Sisters in Pure Bliss